OUR MISSION: Creating Extraordinary Happy Places
At the core of our business is a drive to build the very best homes. We focus on innovation, quality, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
LWE owner, Steve Whelan, came to the Elk Valley in 1992 on the hunt for the deep pow for which Fernie – a core stop along the Powder Highway – is known. Coming for the snow and staying for the community, Steve started LWE with fellow snow enthusiast and former co-owner, Ian Larsen, in 1999.
Today, LWE has transformed from a two-man operation to a business boasting over 20 skilled and passionate tradesmen and women. Steve’s partner in business and wife, Cathy Wells, joined LWE in 2001 and manages the processes and systems of the company. At LWE, we live, play, and work in the mountains and love being part of the vibrant Fernie culture and community.
Our mission is simple: “Creating Extraordinary Happy Places”.
Our core values define who we are as a team:
- In this house we challenge the norm, fuel inspiration, and ignite originality.
- In this house we never stop improving and never give up.
- In this house we are all about high performance construction.
- In this house we are a team of hearts in hard hats.
- In this house we build talented people who build stunning homes.
We believe that collaboration, communication, and flexibility is key to meeting and exceeding our clients’ objectives. We recognize that every project is different, which is why we work to understand the client’s requirements and put stock in the details.